Top Board Preparation
1. Cut a 9 1/4 inch long section from the 1 × 2 pine board. This piece will become the top of the support frame.
2. Turn the top board so that its long edge runs from right to left.
3. Mark the center line along the right and left edges.
4. Much like you did with the base board, draw lines which are perpindicular to the center lines and at a distance from the edge equal to one half the thickness of the 1 × 2 pine board. Drill 9/64 inch diameter pilot holes at these locations.
5. The top board is now ready! Time to put everything together!