Privacy and Security Notice
Digestion and Nutrition
1. The pouchlike muscular organ that secretes acids and digestive enzymes is the _________stomachesophagusintestines.
2. _________salivaenzymeschime is the watery material that results form digestion in the stomach.
3. Iron, potassium, and iodine are _________vitaminsmineralsamino acids.
4. The human body is about 60 percent _________saltwaternutrients.
5. The teeth break down food by _________chemical digestionmechanical digestion.
6. _________TeethYour tongueSaliva in the mouth helps to chemically digest food.
7. _________Mechanical digestionChemical digestion takes place in the mouth, stomach, and small intestine with the help of chemicals called _________amino acidsvitaminsenzymes.
8. Proteins are made up of smaller building blocks called _________mineralsvitaminsamino acids.
9. The muscle contractions that move food through the digestive tract are called _________flexingperistalsisnutrients.
10. _________FlagellaVilliStarches are tiny, fingerlike projections that cover the folds of the small intestine.
11. Chemical digestion is possible because of certain kinds of proteins called _________amino acidscarbohydratesenzymes.
12. There are six kinds of _________mineralsnutrientsvitamins available in food.
13. Three types of _________mineralsnutrientscarbohydrates are sugar, starch, and fiber.
This page is maintained by Steve Gagnon.
Citation and linking information