1. Use a utility knife to cut the plastic flag off of the end of one of the 400 surveying flags.
2. Repeat step 1 another 399 times.
3. As we are only interested in the steel rods, throw the plastic flags away.
4. Separate the steel rods into four groups of 100.
5. Place one group of 100 steel rods into one of the 32" long pieces of 1" diameter heat shrink. Use a heat gun to shrink the heat shrink tubing and remove any overhanging heat shrink with a utility knife. Repeat this procedure for two more sets of 100 steel rods, leaving the fourth set of 100 loose.
6. Eat any leftover cookies and finish the milk because you are done preparing the core.